Updates on this week!:
- I completed a massive cycle on Saturday, getting up to 90km in the howling morning wind. I’m slowly getting more and more comfortable on the drops (the lower handlebars of the bike) which allow me to sit in a more aerodynamic position. Hitting an average speed of 32km/hr on the flat areas (i.e. most of the Ironman course) which is promising.
- The two weekday cycles I managed to get in in the mornings with Gundy at Centennial Park. The CP loop is great because there are no lights or rouge children to dodge, meaning I can fly around as quick as I can and get a really good workout in. Bloody cold though…
- I’ve managed to lock in a bike fitting session at Chainsmith in Redfern, courtesy of Jonathan Pepper this coming Wednesday. I have no idea whether my current setup is close to being correct, so this will be a great step to getting more comfortable for the longer cycles (I should definitely have done this earlier…).
- My shoes are still way too big
- City2Surf was on Sunday and was a great day out. Ran along with Stu which was his longest run ever and he smashed it. Feeling really good writing this the day after, so can’t complain!
- The other running sessions for the week went well. Was definitely more of a focus on cycling this week though
- Had two good swims this week for a combined distance of 4km. My speed is getting better, along with my efficiency, so really good signs.
- Next step will be getting out and into open water (once the temperature rises a bit!)
Overall, really happy still with where I am! Need to just keep getting more and more kilometres in my legs for the cycles, and training to endure to long runs! 30km run this Sunday, hopefully up to 100km on Saturday for the long ride. Big week ahead!